Got 10 Hours on your rebuilt!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 10 Hours on your rebuilt!!!!!!

Ya Know I bought a 1996 seadoo from gresham honda, in good faith, they said it has a brand new rebuilt engine from SBT! well from the beginning I was having problems with it, they kept telling me to change spark plugs, and that new rebuilt engines do that since you have to mix oil with gas to break it in . Well after 10 hrs of this crapy running motor I took it in to gresham honda where i bought it, and the mechanic there told me it has a broken rave valve, not in half , but one side of the rave valve was missing without damaging the piston, he said the rave valve was defective and also casing was cracked that SBT rebuilt. Maybe the warranty was up at the time I brought it in, but i told gresham honda before the warranty was up!!! I am a busy man, a RESCUEDIVER with Clark County. and could not get off of work in time to drive it down there. it is 45 minute drive each way to get to gresham honda. gresham honda sent engine back to SBT IN GOOD FAITH THAT THEY WOULD FIX IT. SBT said they will not [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img] do anything to fix thier disfunctional product. let me remind you only 10hrs of running crap!!!!! then they had the nerve to say they would give me another engine for $700.00, because they felt bad,HA HA. The truth is there ad has the same engine that was supossed to be a special price for me because they felt bad about the disfunctional engine they sold me and the price was the same $700.00 they obviously feel bad for every one? Its sad that I invested my hard earned money into a watercraft that I was going to use in our rescue missions, & it turned out to be a piece of crap. Thank you for nothing ,if you guys are concerned about your reputation and standing behind your product you would satisfy your customers and future customers. not to mention how it must look to the dealer how you handle problems that are obviously your error. affraid to loose money well you lost alot of it by what you have done. if you would like to make this right, you know my email address, and would fix it, as I trusted in you guys, when I bought the water craft!!!!! [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear that, SBT has always been professional and makes and effort to constantly improve their products.

No, they are not perfect, but they allow you a year of no fault warranty. No fault is no fault, but there is a time limit.

You purchased a used watercraft and the motor was obviously over a year old. SBT has a clear warranty policy, and you should have been informed of it. The folks that sold you the watercraft are responsible for giving you your money back or fixing the ski, unless you purchased it as-is. If they told you the motor was under warranty - but is not - it is 100% their fault and you could take them to court.

I would advise to always have a 3rd party look over a potential purchase involving thousands of dollars.

[ January 15, 2004, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: SuperMAC ]
    -[\/]ac<br /> <a href="http://www.MACSBOOST.com" target="_blank"><B>www.MACSBOOST.com</B></a> Plug in 20+HP for your Honda Turbocharged Watercraft
    <a href="http://www.TeamTweek.com" target="_blank"><B>www.TeamTweek.com</B></a> TeamTweek Watercraft Racing Forums

Comment

You Know showmepro1200 there are good people in this world, THIS IS MY PERSONAL WATERCRAFT, AND I WAS GOING TO HELP THE TEAM, WITH FUTHER RESOURCES.AND YES IT IS HARD EARNED MONEY. SPT NEW THEY WHERE AT FAULT!!!

Comment

Bit more info. What casing is cracked? When was the motor purchased, when was the ski purchased and what warranty did you get with the ski?

Comment

Moving to SBT Experience, doesn't belong in AP.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Dear Sir,

This engine for which your post concerns is from June 2001 -- our warranty is for one year. While our fault free warranty covering any and all failures (regardless of fault) is one of the best in the industry, it unfortunately does end after a year. Your engine was indeed studied by our techical department here at our factory last month and found to have suffered water ingestion.

We are sorry that you are not happy with our company. One hundred percent customer satisfaction is our goal and we go to great lengths to achieve this end. Unfortunately, we can not meet your needs in this situation.

Julie Wood
            Warranty Manager

Comment

I don't quite understand why you had to spend YOUR hard-earned money to buy an 8-year old PWC for the county's rescue missions? Just doesn't make sense. Fire & rescue departments usually buy new quality equipment so as to avoid the breakdowns, don't they?

Also, seems like you've got a beef with your dealer first before you go after SBT. If they lied about the age of the motor then go after them.

Kudos to SBT for letting you blow off your steam here though and not deleting the post.

Comment

I was told there was no signs of water damage, but there were bubbles in the casting in the rave valve, which made it defective. As for the casing they said it was cracked and have to get a whole nother engine for it. I do not know were it is cracked and why? I took very good care of the watercraft, like I do for my underwater gear.mybe you could shed some light on the crack casing. Can that engine be rebuilt?

Comment

P.S. This did happen when in was still in warranty, I am busy and could not bring in.

Comment

You are posting this now, a year and a half after that motor was out of warranty?

If you did bring it to the dealers attention and they didn't do anything about it you should be taking this up with them not the engine people.

They stand by thier warranty and I have had to use it two times in the past two years with no problems at all.

You should have insisted the shop fix it when it was under warranty and not wait tell it is to late and get upset.

Because you are buzy is not a good reason at all. Eveyone has things to do but a year is a year.

SBT? I thought you were not going to put warranty type posts on this board?
                    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I did post that I brought it to there attention , when the warranty was still in effect. The fact is ,10 hrs on their motor , complained, from the beginning when I got it. I can understand you guys, Because its not your money being invested in the PWC. Just think if this happened to you , wouldnt you be a little upset!!

Comment

I just sent one back on Tuesday with less than 5hrs. It had a crank bearing go bad after the break-in. It is within the warranty period and I don't expect any problems with the exchange. I will update you later on the outcome.
                        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

What part of a one year warranty do you not understand.....your posting this after a year and a half since the motor was junk. Should of taken care of it then. If SBT allowed 1 1/2 year extended warrantys to everyone, we would not be getting motors at reasonable prices....or they would be broke.

I also stand behind SBT motors 100%. Hell, i had a lack of oil seizure and they replaced it, no questions asked...."BUT" it was within the 1 year. You can't beat there warranty.

Comment

i also agree any other company would have told you to hit the rode if water was injested into the motor i stand behind SBT also, i haven't had to get a motor from them but if i ever need one they will be the first one's i call.
                            i know that sea doo won't cover that on your warrenty it's the operators fault not the motor maker

[ January 17, 2004, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: jetracer800 ]

Comment

PLEASE read before you write, the mechanic here check it out before it was sent to SBT, It was not water ingested. It was caused by a RAVE VALVE, it wasnt runnning good from when I bought it. They kept telling me to change spark plugs, that it would start running better, that the spark plugs get fouled often, because it a new rebuilt. This was ALL done while the warranty was still valid! But really their was something seriously wrong with the engine, not the spark plugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X