650 sx starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 650 sx starter

when trying to start i have to continue pushing the green start button because most of the time it will just click, it sounds like the starter is getting power but all it does is make a click sound each time i press the green button. eventually it will turn the motor over and start sometimes after literally pressing it 20-30 times. do i need a new starter are a bendix or both?

Re: 650 sx starter

First check the simple things. All connections clean and tight. Check the battery for full charge and good condition. If it is just clicking then the solenoid is working. It could still be bad internally on the contact pad. The bendix is actuated by the starter motor. If the motor is not turning then the bendix will not spin and engage. Also make sure you have voltage at the starter. If you have a volt meter check the voltage drop on the battery while cranking. Should not drop below 11.5 volts at full load.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
    X