Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement oil filler cap for JS300 Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement oil filler cap for JS300 Ideas?

I have a cute little 89 300SX that the kids are dying to ride (or try to ride). The only problem is that the oil filler cap, the cap with the guage, has disintegrated into a cap ring, the guage mechanism, and a shattered lens. Any ideas on where to find a simple replacement cap that fits? I've tried various bottles and chainsaw caps, but nothing works. I'd sure appreciate any trick ideas (and the kids would, too!). Thanks!

Re: Replacement oil filler cap for JS300 Ideas?

I'm not sure what size it is,but a lot of riding mowers have a cap/gauge that is threaded...

If you knew,then you'd know!

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I stopped by Lowes and tried everything, but no luck. I don't care if there's a guage or not, just trying to keep the oil from sloshing out. Anyone know the cap size, thread, or anything else that will work?

Comment

the js 300 i sold last year had a push on oil cap under the hood. the gauge is outside the hull left of the hoodlatch. the guage went into a rubber gromet with a lense on top of it. mine leaked water around the lense and into the oil tank because the rubber grommet was old . gave up on trying to get new parts and went premix 50-1. left the tank and guage in place for looks . step sons had a blast riding it. and it wasent to fast for them to learn on. I had a hard time riding it though. I only weigh 215, thats more then all three boys put together. removing th pump is easy,no cable just hoses. good luck and enjoy the smiles on their faces.:)

Comment

Working...
        X