Ultimate SBT Experence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate SBT Experence

Thanks to Greg Pickern, owner of SBT, My wife and I were invited to come check out SBT's Alligator Point test facility outside of Tampa Florida.
    Greg picked us up at the Tampa International Airport and drove us to his condo on the beautiful sand beach at Clearwater, Fl. where we setteled in for the week.
    On Monday, we drove to the shop for a brief tour of the facilities and met many of the people who make it all happen for SBT. From there, Greg drove us to Alligator Point, a private 40 acre lake purchased by SBT about 18 months ago for the use of testing the PWC motors that SBT provides for all of us to buy with a great no fault warranty of a full year. In order to give such a good warranty, it is important to SBT to know that their products are worthy and will be reliable throughout the warranty period and beyond.
    We were testing an Ultra 1200 and a GSXL 951. The Ultra was being tested for reliability by having different riders run it pretty much non stop at full throttle around and around the lake. This test went on in the background as SBT's technical test inspectors, Phil and Arron were swapping heads on the 951 to test different squish configurations during the first day. They performed ATS recorded Stalker Radar runs on the computer for each head.
    Greg and my wife, Diane, went canoeing looking for gators while I observed the guys as they did their testing. Diane came back very excited about the 12 foot long gators that lay in the water and on the banks of Alligator Point. The name sure fits the lake. My guess was at least a half dozen gators that weighed around 1000 lbs each or larger.
    The next day, Arron, myself and Diane met Phil out at the lake to test the newest SBT Mikuni carb rebuilding kits, which worked as good as OEM kits. Phil brought his own Suzuki 400 Quad and a real nice mountian bike for me and Diane to use to explore the other lakes and the trails that surround the test facility. We had a blast checking out the various other sites in the area, then retreated back to Alligator Point for some cooling off riding the GSXL and the Ultra before heading back to Clearwater Beach for the next few days. There were two newer four strokes, a 4 Tec and a Yamaha parked at the dock outside of the condo for us to use in the intercoastal or gulf, but the weather was a bit breezy on the coast so we headed for Disney's Epcot Center the next morning instead.
    As a sprintcar racer, I was interested in going to East Bay Raceway Park for the Sprintcar Winternationals which started on Wednesday nite and were susposed to end on Saturday nite. We enjoyed meeting a bunch of people who had travelled from Penn. and New Jersy to follow their sprintcar racers down to Florida for the first sprintcar races of the year. The races were top notched, with many outlaw and posse racers in the field from as far away as Oklahoma, Iowa and California.

We spent the last day just kicking back, having a nice beach front lunch and dinner and preparing to return to California.

Diane and I would like to thank all of the people at SBT, especially Greg,Phil and Arron for a wonderful time in a great place, central Florida.

[ February 15, 2004, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Bill O'Neal ]
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

What an experience !!!

SBT are you hiring? :D

These winters in Delaware are too long and too cold for me anymore.

Yeah I could be a test rider in the winter.
    J-me
    05 Bayliner 175
    98 GP 1200 Yamaha factory support hull, Lamey engine, Skat pump

Comment

Bill it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.We want to thank you for your input while you were here and are looking foward to seeing you back down here soon.I hope you had fun during your visit.

Comment

Phil,
        We had a great time. Thanks for letting us use your toy's.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X