X2 Carburator help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X2 Carburator help !!

This is a Kawasaki 650X2 with a Keihin 38 carb. The ski has an even 150psi on both cylinders and engine. The motor starts right up and revs nicely when not in the water. However, when I try to ride the boat, I have no power when I hit the gas. I noticed that when I am flushing the engine with the garden hose attached the motor doesn't rev freely and it kind of struggles to rev. So, two questions:

1) What are the initial jet settings I should use (I am trying to find out how many turns of the low and high speed jets I should have upon initial tuning).

2) Assuming that there is no electrical or engine problems, what else cna I check ??

Thanks !!

Re: X2 Carburator help !!

Stock jetting is 140main jet and 75 pilot jet for a 93' model year.

low speed 1 out.
    high 5/8 out.

If this is where you have it then the problem may be you need to rebuild the carbs and clean the fuel system.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thanks for the info, that's just what I was looking for. I guess if I can't fix the problem by resetting the jets I'll either rebuild the carb or buy another one. Thanks again !!

Comment

The x2 was notorious for having the fuel selector valve go bad. Make sure you have no restrictions from the tank to the carb. That carb is simple to remove and rebuild. Be sure to replace the stock metal base gasket with a fiber gasket and clean the manifold flange good. The black paint from the stock gasket allways gets stuck on the manifold when removing the metal gasket.
        WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

I hadn't heard about the fuel selector issue. After reading your note, I went and tested my setup and the fuel selector is in good condition. I know about the gasket paint sticking to the parts .. I used fiber gaskets this time. I'm going to take the boat to the beach this weekend to check the needle settings. Hopefully, that will be the end of the problem :)

Comment

Working...
          X