1993 Kaw. 750 SX won't turn off with switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Kaw. 750 SX won't turn off with switch

Dose anyone have a fix for a 93 750 SX that won't shut off with the switch! The only way to turn it off it disconnecting the battery. I have tried a new swith with no luck. The electrical box is grounded. It does have a MSD Inhanser in it. Could the MSD cause this problem? The ski has ran good for years without any kill switch issues. It has sat in the shop for a couple of years now. Yes, the lanyard was installed. Thanks for the help.
    SAMORA'S SKI PERFORMANCE
    WWW.SSPRACING.COM

Re: 1993 Kaw. 750 SX won't turn off with switch

there should be a 4 pin connector going towards the electrical box. Those connectors go bad. Splice the wires with waterproof splices, and tape around them. Worked for me.

Comment

yes you could do that, what are your chances it fixes anything. go to sears, buy a digital volt ohm meter. around 20.00 bucks. Not a 12 volt test light. learn how to use the ohm feature. and dc-volt feature.never check for voltage while on ohm feature. if you do,dont worry. replace the fuse,cause it will burn out. use ohm feature to check for continuity. ie your killswitch ,tether and other stuff. sounds like you may have an open circuit.I dont like to cut and splice unless I know for sure what the problem is. you will get your moneys worth out of it. some switches with only one wire, lawn mowers ,motorcycles ,etc use mounting bracket to complete the circuit back to ground via frame rail handle bars etc. two wire switches use the second wire to complete the circuit back to ground. wires can and do break under the insulation. you cant see this with visual insp.but you can test for it.sometimes even feel it with your fingers,are it may arc and burn through the insulation. check for broken,or corroded ringlets where ground wires might fasten to eng,etc.good luck finding your problem.it could be frustrating, i like it when things are obvious and in plain sight.:(

Comment

I found the problem. After instlling another start/stop switch with no luck, I decided to clean all connectors from the switch to the electrical box. After doing this, I still had the same problem. When I started the the ski, it would not turn off unless I disconnected the battery.

I finally disconnected the white, and black wires from the CDI. I then started the ski. I then connected the white and black wires on the CDI and the ski shut off. It turned out tht the back and white wires going into the electrical box had went bad. I repaced the two wires from the CDI to the motor compartment's start/stop swithc connector. Now the skil works like it should.
        SAMORA'S SKI PERFORMANCE
        WWW.SSPRACING.COM

Comment

Working...
        X