No announcement yet.

99 yamaha xl1200 Limited NEEDS HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 yamaha xl1200 Limited NEEDS HELP!!!!

Hey guys i hope you could help me... I bought this 1999 yamaha xl1200 with 45 hours ,in december....i havent had time to try it out til this month.... I sent the carburators to be done.... but when i take it up to 8-9mph and punch it to take off it stalls,some times it turns off..... everytime you play with the trigger...it depends how much gas you give it more or less.... its the only way i could make it take off.... what else do you think it is.??? The Problem is in Take off .... top end its great ,it doesnt have a catalytic....(D-Plate with chip installed) , the middle piston and the rear piston were changed to new ones,and i sent it to be premix... where i mix the oil and gas together,Im mixing the oil and gas right , it halls some serious butt... 57-58mph... what else could it be . ??? could some one help me !!!Please Reply here or email ... Thanks Neil qbnkid@bellsouth.net
    Attached Files

Re: 99 yamaha xl1200 Limited NEEDS HELP!!!!

SOunds like your carbs, but for the halibut check compression to each cylinder.

Comment

Ok sounds like i should check it out again .... but whats a HALIBUT? Oh do you think i should install a Aluminum Water Box, and a Riva Free Flow Exhaust Kit??? and if so ... is it pretty easy to install.... ( Like BOLT-On's )... email me back if anything , Neil qbnkid@bellsouth.net

Comment

Halibut is becouse I fear of saying he of it, you fill in the two missing l's.

Comment

Working...
        X