2000 Ultra 150 Battery Replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Ultra 150 Battery Replacement.

I have a 2000 Ultra 150, and the battery has finally gone bad. In the owners manual, it says that I have to use a sealed unit battery, and that it wouldn't work with a conventional battery (one that I put the acid in myself). I don't see how this is really possible. They both have the same specs. The main difference is that the sealed battery is twice the price. If anyone has any input, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: 2000 Ultra 150 Battery Replacement.

I think you misread something. Standard batteries are fine.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

When I bought mine, my friend thru in a new battery, and watched personally him add the acid and cap it off, if that is a standard battery then thats whats starts my Ultra up. Worked great all season. Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks guys for your responses. That is great to know. :D . Hope you have a great summer season on the water!

Comment

use the sealed one
          1/ the're slightly smaller and get in easier
          2/ u need to connect a breather pipe to the regular 16clb
          they work but have less cranking amps
          be good,
          if you cant be good,
          be carefull
          if you can't be carefull,
          buy a pram

Comment

I agree with Nick, if the battery is not sealed it will give off fumes which you would have to vent. As long as the engine is running and sucking air into the hull your ok but when it sits for a time period of not running it will build up fumes in the hull.
            Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
            2002-1100STX DI
            2004-15F
            2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

i recently bought a new battery for my ultra...the one i took off was a refill one but i rang kawasaki up and got code off them for what they put on from factory and got a sealed one the only thing i found abit of a prob was with the sealed being slightly smaller the straps didnt fit over the battery to hold it in place...but i just packed it out and put a tiny bit of no nails at one side of the underside of the batteryto make sure it didnt slide but not to much so i cant get it out when i need to...

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I ended up putting a sealed battery in my jetski. I didn't want to drill any holes anywhere to vent the regular battery. I also didn't want the chance of gasses building up and blowing me up. It worked great and it also has a 1 year free replacement as apposed to the 30 day warranty on the regular battery. Thanks again for your responses. :D

Comment

I know it's a little late but, on Ebay they have Odyssey 625 batteries for a good deal all the time. They are sealed and have a 2 or 3 year warranty and are a lot stouter than any regular OEM type battery.

Comment

Working...
                  X