wet jet ski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wet jet ski

need alittle info i have a pair of 1995 wetjet jet ski made by mastercraft im told they have yamaha 701cc eng im having a hard time locating parts. cam anyone tell me what other yamaha make and year they put these engs in so that i can at least order parts for my wetjets using that year and make ski thanks.i can tell you that the head and intake both have 61-x stamped on it if that will help. i have done some research and it looks like the 1995 yamaha super jet 700 and wave blaster 700 are the same eng but it looks as if the reed valves are different. thanks

Re: wet jet ski

The basic engine is the same as any model yamaha with the 61x 701 from the same year as your skis. I believe the differences were the exhaust pipe and maybe the carb and reed cages?
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

The reeds are the same.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thats the problem im running in to. i need to order a new set of reeds and intake gaskets. i think the gaskets are the same but the sells person tells me that the reeds in the two eng have different # but im dealing with a sales person so he was'nt able to tell me the specs on the two reeds.i know that some of these engs came with two carbs but mine has only one carb.

Comment

The reeds have nothing to do withthe carbs or intake. The carb and intake manifold configuration may be different, but the reeds interface directly with the case, and they are standard Yamaha. Use search, it's been covered many times.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If you are ordering from a Yamaha dealer tell him this. You need the parts from a 1994 Yamaha vxr pro or blaster. It is the identical set up you have in your Mastercraft ski. 701-61x single carb. Or if you need some good used ones i have several pairs from the 61 x motors.
            WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

thanks i went ahead and ordered some new reeds. this is a great fourm you guys give great advice. and i'd just like to say thank God for people like you and this web site.

Comment

Working...
              X