Primer Kit T-fitting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer Kit T-fitting??

I just received my primer kit and am ready to install, but not sure where the brass t-fitting should tie into the fuel system to provide fuel for prime. Unfortunately no instructions came with it.

Re: Primer Kit T-fitting??

Between the fuel tank and the on/off/res switch.
    Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Originally posted by skraggy
      Between the fuel tank and the on/off/res switch.
      That is exactly the WRONG place to put it as you have the potential for air to suck into the line via a leaking plunger and cause a lean seizure (or at the least - a rough running waverunner).

You basically have 2 options for installation:
      1) If you don't mind running all the time on the reserve fuel line, then the preferred place is disconnect the "on" fuel line from the on/off/reserve switch and use this as a dedicated feed your primer.

2) If you want to keep your reserve/on/off system intact, then you will want to tee into the fuel return line to the tank. But in order to keep fuel in the primer line you will also need to purchase and install a restrictor to be fitted on the return line just downstream (tank side) of where you tee in.

Option #1 works the best, but I have both of mine set up via Option #2 and they work as well... it just doesn't provide near as much fuel for priming if the ski is really hard to start.

Comment

Am I missing something here?

If the primer line goes where the choke was.
        If the choke was above the throttle blade.
        If air leaks above the throttle plate it is meaningless as the throttle blade controls air to the engine?

Not trying to be a smart a$$, really asking?
        *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
        Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

The air leak causes a lack of fuel to the carbs. It has nothing to do with the primer lines.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Why not just T into the reserve line leading to the fuel switch. It is seldome used and would be the best alternative to getting a restrictor.
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

That's my thought too dank. I guess this wasn't a simple answer but what I was really looking for was a no kidding this is how the shop does it. I guess instructions from Parker Yamaha would have been nice with the kit. Anymore thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I tee into the line between the ON tube and the switch. I run the ski only on the RES setting.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by dank
                  Why not just T into the reserve line leading to the fuel switch. It is seldome used and would be the best alternative to getting a restrictor.
                  That would work well... Unless you ever had to use the reserve line and happened to get an air leak. From what I understand, air leaks on the primer plungers are fairly common over time (I've had to replace the plungers twice on mine already) so it made me nervous going that route... but as far as priming, it should work great.

Comment

Working...
                  X