Carb Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Springs

If I put in the gold spring does that mean I will have the highest pop off pressure I can get? That is the largest spring correct?

Re: Carb Springs

Why would you want it that high?

Pop off pressure is a combination of the spring and needle and seat size.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

dank I am having carb problems at the moment so I am trying to figure out where I need to be I ordered a new needle valve and it came with the gold spring the package OEM bombardier was needle valve 2.0 so I am assumong that this is the highest and would like to know if I out the other ones that came in the carb rebuild kit if this would lower it. my problem is that I can only get my ski to start and stay running as long as I have the choke out. as soon as I let the choke in it dies

Comment

How many turns out are you on high and low speed adjuster screws.sounds like something could be restricting fuel flow.

Comment

Frankey,
          If the motor will only run with the choke out, changining your needles and seats or springs is not the answer.
          I would remove the carb and open it up to see what is blocking the fuel from passing through the carb and the jets.
          It could be a blocked pilot jet, a misaligned gasket, a clogged passage, a bad fuel pump or something really simple like you have the two fuel lines reversed.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Bill thanks I found the problem and its exactly like you said now I have to figure out how to fix it. I bought a brand new carb kit from a dealer here (40 bucks) and well the rubber piece that goes on the fuel pump side with the circle and line in the middle is a bad part and does not fit in the slots. Now I have to figure out if they are going to exchange it for me I doubt it but I have also ound another source for kits that is $15 cheaper.

Comment

Try flipping it over. That diaphram only goes one way or it blocks the main fuel inlet hole.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM

Comment

Bill Its not the diaphram itself that I was speaking of it is the oring that fits in the groove below that diaphram.( part 6a on the Mikuni rebuild manual for super BN38 and BN44) Also I have a question about how flat and straight the little clear pump diaphrams have to be as one of mine when installing got a little kink in it would that cause this type of problem? Thanks

Comment

Without seeing it I have no idea, but it should be in great shape to work correctly.....
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM

Comment

BIll I have attached a pic of the part I was referring to. Also I have purchased a new kit from ebay and will switch out the pump diaphrams and see how that affects the carb.On the pic it is item 6aon the right and the little pump diaphrams I was speaking of is item 3
                    Attached Files

Comment

#3 is not a diaphram, it is a check valve and it needs to be perfect to seal.

#6 is the oring. I do not know why that didn't fit unless it is from an 46 "I" series carb kit, which is bigger than the 38-42 sbn kit.

Did you soak it in carb cleaner or solvent and let it swell ?
                      Bill O'Neal <br>
                      WCM

Comment

Bill I did not soak it but i noticed it was too big after I took the pump side apart to look at the check valves and noticed that it was too big. I had run a pop off test before that and it may have come from there. I have ordered a new kit which will be in tomorrow and I will be doing the carbs over again with the new check valves. I called them diaphrams because it calls it a pump diaphram on the sheet. Thanks for your help Ill rebuild and then post new results.

Comment

Working...
                        X