2000 Seadoo Rx drive shaft water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Seadoo Rx drive shaft water leak

My 2000 Seadoo RX is leaking water at the drive shaft. I removed the pump but not sure what I need to do to remove the drive shaft. What needs to be done to remove and determine what needs to be replaced? And if there is any other info I need to know please feel free to help. Its will all be really appreciated.

Re: 2000 Seadoo Rx drive shaft water leak

Put the pump temporarily back in so you can pull back on the carbon seal collar exposing the c-clip that holds the cabon ring in place. Once the clip is removed, you can remove the pump and pull the driveshaft out. Inspect the carbon seal and collar, they should look perfect. If not replace them. If the steel c-clip is missing ( look into the hull for it) you have found your water leak.
    Also, check up in the inner venturi nozzel on the jet pump. Look to see if both bailer tubes are still in the nozzel. If one or both are missing, that is your leak. Without those tubes, the jetpump pressurized water will go into the hull instead of sucking water from the hull.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Bill, thanks for the info. It looks as though the shaft has moved forward a little bit and I thought that maybe the tridon clamps had come loose. Could this have been because of the c-clip? I tried to correct this before I read your response by pulling the drive shaft back and tightening the clamps. It worked and stopped the leak at the time, but now it appears the shaft moved again because the impeller boot isnt tight in the front of the impeller now. It didnt leak any yesterday when I rode for about 2 hours, but I'm want to fix it the right way. Please let me know what you think.

Comment

The forward end of the driveshaft has a rubber bumper on it that dead ends into the pto on the back of the motor. This rubber bumper must be in good condition and in place or the driveshaft moves forward about 1/4 inch. This can lead to stripped splines in the impellor and it takes the preload off of the carbon seal and it can leak water.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X