any news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any news?

Motor arrived there 2 days ago.....any idea what issues and problems it had?

RGA#6010, or should i just call?

please call Julie in warranty and she will be happy to inform you about your warranty
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I called in and to my surprise the replacement was already shipped, thanks SBT..that was a pretty quick turn around.

I asked about the issues and one thing was it had a broken thrust washer or something to that sort. What is that, and what causes it to break?

Thanks SBT [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Comment

the thrust washer is a washer that sits between the rod and crank web. Please call and ask for Aaron and I can better explain the situation of your engine.

Comment

Will do tech.

Is that Aaron in "technical support", is that who i ask for?

Comment

yes ask for Aaron in Tech Support

Comment

I got my motor today, thanks SBT. [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

I am going to be extremly busy the next week and then i'm headed up north for hunting for 3 weeks after that.

?. I was thinking of just putting the engine in the basement until spring since the warranty is up anyways. Do your engines come lubed enough to sit through the winter, or do i need to get it installed and fogged?

Comment

Ok, that was a stupid question.

Is there enough oil on the sleeves and so forth, and does there have to be oil in the crankcase to prevent dry rot of the seals and so forth......need to know, cause need to arrange the time to get it done.

PWC motors are a pain in the A**

Comment

we do lube the cylinders and cranks for storage. I would put it in a dry place in the sealed package.

Comment

Working...
                  X