Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lost

come on people someone has to be able to give me some insight!!! I don't want to have to take it to a shop to have them look at it!

Comment

How was the ski sunk? Was the fuel system gone through to purge any water in it? Was the main filter cleaned/changed?

I would get a new fuel pump from a dealer - water in the case while it's turned over can easily go up the pulse line into the pump. I would also get three carb kits and rebuild them. Water gets everywhere when a ski is sunk.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The ski was sunk by a person who weighed entirely too much trying to get on the back of the ski but actually started pulling the ski under..... Well since it was sunk I have used a full tank of gas but have not replaced the fuel filter or pump and have not rebuilt the carbs (don't really wanna do that as they were just rebuilt before I bought the ski)

Comment

You may have to get the carbs rebuilt.... bogging down when a higher volume of fuel is requiered sounds like a possible carb problem to me....Improperly adjusted or gunked up carbs will cause a lot of carbonizing... but i'm basing this off of experience with motorcross engines. Still it is a NA engine sooo..

Comment

The description of the water shooting out of the cylinders 12 feet in the air is funny, but may give a clue to your most recent problems...It is possible for a "hydrolocked" two-stroke engine to damage (crack, bend, warp, mutilate, distort, destroy. etc...) the reed valves check them ASAP!

When you "re-did" the spark plug wires and caps did you screw the caps on to the wires? They have a coarse self-tapping thread similar to a wood screw, make sure they are securely attached, or the wire problems will repeat themselves!
            Last edited by John Kubiak; 06-20-2005, 10:17 PM.
            John Kubiak
            Powersports Technical Training Professional
            Las Vegas, Nevada
            Sea-Doo Tech 13736
            PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
            PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
            NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
            Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X