Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help!!!,piston ring pieces imbeded in piston and head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!!,piston ring pieces imbeded in piston and head!!!

well here is the long story,bought a 95 750 sts on ebay last summer with locked up engine due to bad pump shaft bearing"flooded ski,hydro locked".so i found a complete engine from this pwc repair shop in tx,that was selling it on ebay.said it came out of a xi and that is was perfect but was sitting "preserved" for two years and had great compression in both cylinders.so after i recieved it i checked compression in both cylinders and they were great,i took carbs apart cleaned and installed,put the engine in and it ran great,with the exception of it starting to miss at approx 6k rpm . Now,,, i ran it like that a couple of times and checked plugs,back plug black,wet front plug black,dry. compression good 'both cyls' fire good etc. so today i took it out ran it same thing but likes to run better in rough chop,6500,rpm. so my brother hoppes on it runs it for an hour and he said he was making a slow speed turn and it just quit,so i towed him in on my other ski put it on the trailer and tryed to start,would turn over but no start. so at home in my shop i started trouble shooting everything perfect except the cylinder closest to the front had 20 psi,back cylinder 170,i took head off and found the cyl with low psi had ,what looked like pieces of the rings imbedded into the top of the piston and head and cylinder has two little scrapes in it. bottom line what could have caused this to happen,and how sould i go about fixing this??next engine will be from sbt,not ebay 1st mistake.srry to ramble ,hope you guys eyes are not bleeding yet:( any help is greatly apreciated..

Re: help!!!,piston ring pieces imbeded in piston and head!!!

Take the cylinder off and get a picture of the piston from all sides and post them.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

will do,thanks!!

Comment

well,couldent upload pics of piston,but took engine to the kawasaki dealer and they said it looked liked the pin in the piston was too tight and thats what caused it,. sounds odd,but ok. not going to worry to much as i ordered a engine from sbt last week and just recieved it. also it appeared it was the wrong motor i got from ebay,, the motor that came with the ski that was bad was a 12 bolt intake manifold,jt750 and the one from ebay that blew was a 10 bolt intake,jh750 didnt know the difference between a "JT750" and a JH750 was but now i do.so now i have the correct engine and hppfully will be on track..

Comment

Working...
        X