Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 GP 1200 Strong motor.

Had a 1200 motor with a botched crank.
    The fool who sold me this boat did not tell me that he had welded the flywheel on to the crank.
    Consequently I had ignition problems and then the flywheel broke of off the crank and destroyed all the ignition components inside the flywheel cover and the oil pump.
    I replaced the motor with a SBT rebuilt motor and
    was pleased with new motor.
    Used for a season and then I blew rear oil seal.
    SBT replaced with another rebuild.
    Once again I blew the rear seal and no longer was waranted.
    Now its my turn to fix motor and have already replaced oil seals which I also bought from SBT.
    The cause of engine failure was not a problem with SBT motor but they had no problem with replacing engine during waranty period.
    I am a happy SBT customer and would recomend them to anyone looking for a rebuilt engine.
    SCOTT...

Re: 1997 GP 1200 Strong motor.

Originally posted by ScottD
    Had a 1200 motor with a botched crank.
    The fool who sold me this boat did not tell me that he had welded the flywheel on to the crank.
    Consequently I had ignition problems and then the flywheel broke of off the crank and destroyed all the ignition components inside the flywheel cover and the oil pump.
    I replaced the motor with a SBT rebuilt motor and
    was pleased with new motor.
    Used for a season and then I blew rear oil seal.
    SBT replaced with another rebuild.
    Once again I blew the rear seal and no longer was waranted.
    Now its my turn to fix motor and have already replaced oil seals which I also bought from SBT.
    The cause of engine failure was not a problem with SBT motor but they had no problem with replacing engine during waranty period.
    I am a happy SBT customer and would recomend them to anyone looking for a rebuilt engine.
    SCOTT...
    What was the cause of the rear seal failure?

Comment

Working...
    X