ZXi primer install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZXi primer install

My instructions for the primer kit say to tap into the reserve fuel line, but I have only found three lines: vent, fuel supply, return. Should I tap the fuel supply line instead?

Also, the primer itself looks too big to fit where the choke was. I though I saw somewhere a smaller plunger you could buy?

Tom.

Re: ZXi primer install

ttt

Comment

If you only have one supply line yes you have to tee in there. Bore out the choke hole to fit.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I ended up tapping into the fuel supply line before the filter. The only thing I've noticed it the fuel won't stay in the line between the tee and the plunger. I have to pump the plunger several times in order to get fuel to it then eventually to the carbs.
        As far as the plunger installation, I didn't feel there was enough room inside the original choke pull area to install the very large primer plunger. I built a bracket and installed it in the storage area below the clock. Now I wished I'd kept the original choke cable to fill the hole left. :(

Comment

I'm by no means an expert, but if the fuel isn't staying in the line to the primer it means the primer must be leaking. Being tapped into the main line, I don't think you want to be leaking air into the fuel, thats the carburators job.

I ended up tapping into the return line. It has its down sides, but the pluses seemed to outweigh them for me.

Comment

Working...
          X