Bilge Pump Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilge Pump Install

This is a great forum! I have a couple questions about installing a bilge pump (with sep. float switch) in a 98 900stx.

1. Where is the best place to mount the pump/switch and external switch if I decide to do that too?

2. Where is the best place to have the hose exit from (I'm thinking at the rear somewhere near the storage box opening.)

3. I believe I should just leave the existing bilge siphon intact - am I wrong? would the electric pump (500gph) work fast enough as to cause a siphon situation back into the hull through the existing siphon tube?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Bilge Pump Install

Some people have said to just epoxy the bilge to the hull, however i just installed a pump in my 650sx and I put it in the back right corner just to the right of the hull fitting. for the intake manifold hose. it is just behind the pipe. this is a good place, because when you are riding you can shift your weight slightly and the water if any will go to that corner. I ran the hose exit to the side of the ski, opposite the cooling system exit. Put the switch on the handle bar, and leave the existing pump

Comment

Re: Bilge Pump Install

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
      X