SBT Pricing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Pricing Question

I have a question regarding pricing in general at SBT. I understand pricing is directly related to supply and demand. It seems that the volume of business that SBT generates, in turn, would mean lower pricing on parts. As a consumer, I always do my research before I place an order with any company. Pricing is obviously a major factor since I'm always a paycheck from poverty :)

Nevertheless, take SBT and another supplier for instance. I researched a top end kit for my SL750, and I have come up with two prices that are not even close. SBT at $384.00 and supplier #2 at $225.00. How is this possible? Supplier #2 offers WSM and SBT has their own brand. Is SBT's top end kit much better than WSM to warrant the substantial price increase? Does supplier #2 just do so much more business that they are able to offer lower prices?

I'm just curious at this point how pricing is so different? Thanks for your time.:D

Doug

Re: SBT Pricing Question

No one can answer without all the facts. Exactly what product are you comparing?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
      No one can answer without all the facts. Exactly what product are you comparing?
      Sl750 top end kit... 3 sets of pistons, rings, wrist pin, bearing, and gaskets.

SBT = $384 (If my memory serves me correct?)
      Supplier #2 = $225

Doug

Comment

Ah ha I found what you are talking about - the guy selling WSM parts on eBay!

All I can say is that our parts are top-quality, and backed by our 1-year warranty.

You can certainly take a chance with the other setup, the price is tempting...but in the end it's just a guy on eBay selling WSM parts.

Your choice.

Comment

Ah ha I found what you are talking about - the guy selling WSM parts on eBay!

All I can say is that our parts are top-quality, and backed by our 1-year warranty.

You can certainly take a chance with the other setup, the price is tempting...but in the end it's just a guy on eBay selling WSM parts.

Your choice.
          No, actually it's not:) It's a super reputable place that also backs their products with a warranty just as SBT does. Honestly, this is why I am confused. I could see the pricing differ slightly from store to store, but at $160 or so, that is enough to peak my interest.

Are SBT top end kits better than WSM?

Doug

Comment

Incidentally, if you look at prices from actual stores, such as Parker Yamaha, you'll see we are in line with the rest. We are below OEM, and above some aftermarket. Our parts are top-quality...hard anodized pistons with graphite side coatings, for example. WSM is known to be the lowest quality and often yes, the lowest price parts available. I looked up a triple Pro-X kit for comparison and it was $350. Wiseco is similar, WSM is always lower.

Comment

Incidentally, if you look at prices from actual stores, such as Parker Yamaha, you'll see we are in line with the rest. We are below OEM, and above some aftermarket. Our parts are top-quality...hard anodized pistons with graphite side coatings, for example. WSM is known to be the lowest quality and often yes, the lowest price parts available. I looked up a triple Pro-X kit for comparison and it was $350. Wiseco is similar, WSM is always lower.
              Well, if WSM is cheaper quality, then I could understand. I personally am a fan of Pro-X pistons and not Wiseco. Wiseco's aren't too user friendly for the average person who knows little to nothing about warming up an engine properly. I know more about the dirt bike industry versus the PWC industry. This is a new realm to me, so I'm just learning. WSM parts are definetely every where, so I figured they must be of decent quality. As a side note, Parker Yamaha is "supplier #2". I wasn't trying to push another company on SBT's website, but since you mentioned it, I figured it was OK.:D

Doug

Comment

We love Parker, we shoot customer there all the time! They have always had prices pretty much identical to us for those items that are duplicated.

Pro-X is a top-tier part, like ours. WSM is the lowest, and is priced as such - you'll find that true everywhere like I said.

Comment

$650.00 for the Yamaha triples same as cylinder exchange? Must be typo

Comment

What are you talking about, I don't read minds...

Comment

The top end kit for the Yamaha triples is $650.00 the same as the cylinder
                      exchange.

Comment

Oh you mean our shopping cart. Yes that was a typo, thank you. I corrected it.

Comment

wsm pistons are okay for a stock ski. You modify the ski and well, your better off with a higher quality piston. I run wisecos in my 993 motor, so far, they've held up better than any other piston set I have had in there. No piston will hold up to water though, hahaha, just found that out yesterday. Oh well, luckily just a slight hone and drop another piston in. I know TeamTweek uses SBT pistons in their race boats.
                          SHOOTER

Comment

Working...
                          X