What do I need to change 2000 XL1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need to change 2000 XL1200

I have just purchased a new 2000 XL 1200 I haven't picked it up yet what if any suggestions should I change on the unit??

It all depends on what you are looking to accomplish. I would suggest first off,that you leave it stock at least through the break-in process, and give it a good 10 hours of normal riding before you do anything. That will allow you enough time to base a decision for changes.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply I have been checking out the site and someone mentioned during break in time to use an additive to the gas. What is this and where could I purchase it from in Canada. Also I noticed a few people use synthetic oil instead of normal injection oil. Is this forth while?? Or if you use a good Yamaha injector oil will this due?? Please advise
      THanks for your help
      Craig

Comment

I'm in the middle of doing a tech article on oil, but long story short, if you are asking in regards to the 2000 Yamaha XL1200, you have no choice but to use the special oil formulated for use with your catalytic converter. Yes, a little oil needs to be added to the fuel tank for break-in. This provides extra solution to carry away the particles as the new rings break-in to the clylinder walls. We make, what we consider to be the best oil for that purpose, and sell it for $8 plus shipping. If you click on the main button, you will see it currectly featured as the product highlight, and can find more info there.

We do now ship to Canada, I have yet to make the announcement and information page, but basically the shipping rates are just 200% of normal +duties & tarrifs. Give Ericka a call at 877-330-0231 to get a bottle shipped to you. Failing that, just add your usual Yamalube (I forgot the designation right now) for that craft in the fuel as the additive.

Comment

Working...
        X