Yamaha Stator Plate Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Stator Plate Question

In taking the engine out in my 1991 Yamaha 650, I noticed one of the components on my stator plate was damaged (the copper wires on one of the solenoids were all sliced up). Do I need a whole new stator plate or is it easy to replace the component? Also, who is the best place to buy electical components from? Thanks for the help! [img]smile.gif[/img]

You're much better off just buying a new stator - it's old and the other parts will be due for failure anyway. If you are buying one of our engines, we may have a good used one in stock very cheap.

Comment

I am planning on buying one of your engines in the coming week, who should I contact in regards to the stator plate?

Comment

I'm having Joe look for you...

Comment

Any word on the plate?

Comment

Unfortunately we do not have any in stock right now. What I can suggest is that you go to www.hlsm.com and pickup whatever coil(s) you need to replace from them.

Comment

Cool, thanks....BTW, you might want add a sentence in the flywheel pulling sections of your installation guides that warns people not to screw the bolts on the flywheel puller in too far. This is how I messed up the solenoid on my stator plate.Hope this helps people not make the same dumb mistake I did. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Comment

For those application s where the stator is on the backside of the flywheel, we do have a warning not to turn the puller screws in more than 5 revolutions for just that reason [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That statement is not in the Yamaha 650/701X installation guide. I think it should be on pg. 4. Just tryin to help! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ack! You're right! It was mistakenly ommited - updating now.

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                    X