FUEL PROBLEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUEL PROBLEM?

I have a 1100 raider that accelerates fine when cold but as the engine has been running for more than a few minutes it hesitates bad when trying to accelerate, you have to pump the throttle to keep it from bogging and then it will take off again until you let the engine idle down, it only does this in the water not on the trailer. What gives?

What mods are on your engine, and have you or anyone else ever adjusted your carbs? It's more than likely that you just need to adust your carbs a little...

Comment

It sounds like you are running rich and fouling your spark plugs. Carb adjustment is in order

Comment

Definately too rich. Install oversized pistons, intake and exhaust to compensate. :D

Comment

How old is the gas in your ski?
          When and where was it fueled up?

I had a similar problem last spring. The gas tank was filled up during the winter. When the gas was used in the spring with warmer weather I had a hesatation problem that went away after the first tank of gas. Gas formulated for the winter temperatures doesn't work well in warm weather.

You could also get this by going to FL in the winter with a tank full of gas from up north.

If you haven't done anything that could have caused the problem, use up the gas in the tank and see what happens after filling up with fresh gas.

Hope this helps.

SteveCLT [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ February 23, 2001: Message edited by: SteveCLT ]

Comment

My raider did that also. There was a recall on the carbs for the 1096 and 1997 raider 1100s. i took mine in. it ran a lot better I also had a stalling when turning left. I worked my carbs a few times and the best setting i found was with stock size jets. Tell me this. When you hit the gas does it hesitate and take off ? if it does that than youre running lean. turn your low screws in 1/8th increments to open it up a little. if it just bogs down and takes a while to get going then youre righ. turn the low screws like you were gonna close them in 1/8th incerments. Its a pain to get to the carbs if the stock waterbox is on there bt if you have thinner hands and arms youl be ok. get a long thin flat head screwdriver and a short thin screwdriver for the #3 carb
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X