1996 Polaris 750 Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Polaris 750 Engine Rebuild

My jet ski engine has seized because of roll over water damage from last season. I would like to rebuild the engine myself with little engine rebuilding experience myself.

Is this something that I should attempt, and how difficult is this task? Is there a kit that I can purchase from the internet for the rebuilding process? Any additional information that you can provide will assist me in making the decision of trying to rebuild the engine myself.

Thanks!

Tim

Re: 1996 Polaris 750 Engine Rebuild

Do a google search on "SBT". They may be able to sell you something.

Comment

The first thing you need is the OEM Service Manual. Without it or someone that knows what they are doing - you are sure to fail. Get it, read it, then see what questions you have.

As far as parts we sell everything you need if you want to do it yourself. You will, however, spend about as much as getting one that's already complete, and not even have a warranty on the assembly. It also takes hundreds in specialized tools to do it right - you take big risks if you skip testing and proper assembly care.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Sooooooo not worth it. Even if you get a great discount on parts you will still spend more than what SBT sells them for with no warranty to show for it either.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

i rebuilt my 98 GSXL its for sure a job...especially if u rebuild the motor inside of the jet ski...its like dropping ur motor down in a 55 gallon drum and working on it and if u drop a screw or anything u donate it to the bottom of the jet ski foundation
          SeaDoo GSX Limted 1998

Seadoo XP 1996

Seadoo XP 1994 Twin Carb

Comment

Working...
          X