Water Strainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Strainers

I resealed the pump on my GPR - liberal use of sealant. Worried that some of the sealant could find its way through the cooling system and block a passage somewhere.

What are the merits of using a water strainer to make sure this does not happen? Its kind of tight in the hull - does it need to be installed as a straight shot water hose wise or are a few bends ok?

TIA,
    Jay

First, as long as you somewhat smooth the silicone with your fingers or whatnot before it cures, and leave 24 hours after application for it to cure, there is no way in heck that it will become dislodged and work it's way through your cooling lines.

But a water strainer is still a great idea for filtering weeds, pebbles, wood bits, misc debris etc. - soft bends in the cooling lines is fine - they are large enough in diameter for it. A really nice in-line filter (it's what I went with) is the Pro-Tec model. I got if for $15 at the World Finals this year.

Comment

Thanks a bunch.

I did pretty much what you said and it will cure a month or so. So I "should" be ok.

Jay
      Jay

Comment

Working...
      X