2002 1100 stx di cooling output hose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 1100 stx di cooling output hose.

I am pretty new to some of these maintenance issues and i am hoping someone can help me out. The cooling output on the right front of the ski (where the water streams out when the ski is running) is down to a slight trickle when the ski is floored. In years past this was always a steady stream. I am thinking the hose needs to be cleaned out. How is this typically done? Is there a solution to run through the line? It appears wire ties are used to attach that hose at several spots, do i just replace those or will the old ones reset. The connection in the hull appears hard to get at, do i need to take that end off. Thanks everyone.

Re: 2002 1100 stx di cooling output hose.

The thru hull fitting near the front of the ski is a visual indicator that you have cooling water flow. This is not where the cooling water exists. The actual cooling water exit is located on the bottom of the pipe (a brass 90 degree fitting) near the stinger section. A hose connects between there and a fitting near the pump.

A couple of fittings on this ski seem to collect debris frequently. Are you getting an overheat fault on the display? If not, It may just be plugged on the pipe outlet side.

1) PIPE OUTLET: This is the easiest to check first. On top of the pipe chamber there is a 90 degree brass elbow with a small hose connected. Remove the hose and then the fitting. Check it for debris. If clear, step 2. If you have a compressor blow some air through it.

2) PUMP INLET: If you trace the 1/2" inlet hose from the pump, it will be routed to the bottom of the exhaust manifold into a brass tee fitting. The inlet side is 1/2", the outlet side is 3/8". This is the biggest culprit and the most difficult to get at. Using a mirror remove both hoses and the fitting. Check for debris.

If you don't find any debris indicated in steps 1 & 2 and the water flow out of the pisser is still slower than normal, you need to check the 3/8" cooling lines/fittings which route through the mag housing to the EMM. These are a pain to get to, as well.

Secure any hoses which required zip ties, with new ones. Run it on the hose (flush kit) to be sure you've corrected the problem. If you don't and the problem remains, it will only get worse and may leave you stranded.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by terminator2003
    I am pretty new to some of these maintenance issues and i am hoping someone can help me out. The cooling output on the right front of the ski (where the water streams out when the ski is running) is down to a slight trickle when the ski is floored. In years past this was always a steady stream. I am thinking the hose needs to be cleaned out. How is this typically done? Is there a solution to run through the line? It appears wire ties are used to attach that hose at several spots, do i just replace those or will the old ones reset. The connection in the hull appears hard to get at, do i need to take that end off. Thanks everyone.
    2001 Kawasaki STX1100 DI (w/GroupK Stage 1)<br />1997 Sea-Doo GSX<br />2004 Kawasaki SX-R

Comment

Working...
    X