2000 kawasaki stx 1100 di does not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 kawasaki stx 1100 di does not start

Jet ski was complitely drown for 15 minutes. After that I removed spark plugs, pour out water from engine, started it, wash it out and everything was fine. But after 2 days I couldn't start it again. Engine starting for couple seconds and shuting off. And TEMPERATURE light and CHEK ENG light is blinking. Is anybody has any ideas what's going on? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2000 kawasaki stx 1100 di does not start

Over heating somewhere. You may need to take it to a dealer and have them pull the codes off for you. To see what sensor is seeing the over heat. You can try to pull all the cooling lines off and blow through them to see if there is a clog
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

But my jet ski just from the dealer ( 2 weeks ago), where all lines was flushed out. And they told me that EMM does not communicate with computer, it is imposible to read codes. I cheked spark plugs. When I push start button first time - sparks exist, when I push it second time- spark allready is gone, untill I turn off main key and turn it on again. And spark plug on first cilinder always dry and covered by black soot, but second and third spark plugs looks OK. I cheked injektors- everything looks good. I'm tired to pay dealer everytime. They fixed it 2 times in last month (300$ each). First time EMM suffered from overheat and EMM shuted off second cilinder after 10 minutes of riding. Dealer flushed out the cooling line of EMM. Second time exhoust system have been overheated and hoses have been melted. And now this problem. I don't now what to do.

Comment

Do you now where is temperature sensor located?

Comment

well your dealer must be buying some high quality crack. The EMM does communicate with a computer. That plug that is over the flame arrester, it has one wire looped in and out of the end is the Comm cable. The only external Temperature sensor is the sensor located on the exaust pipe. THe other 3 are internal EMM sensors. With out seeing the codes stored in the EMM it is just a shot in the dark of what is causing the Check Engine Light to come on. Take it to another dealer, and see if they will check the codes for free. How close to St. Louis are you? I've got the cable downstairs in my garage!
          Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
          2002-1100STX DI
          2004-15F
          2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Hi Paul. St. Louis is far from me, I'm in Florida. When I first time went to the dealer for repear, they told me EMM does not communicate with computer and they can not read codes. I cheked every connection- everything looks OK. It seems like CHEK ENG light does not blinking anymore, but TEMP light still blinking when I try to start it. May be it becouse I starting engine without water? I don't have any ideas......

Comment

Working...
            X