This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude i gotta vent.

I was looking and posting on the riva web site. Some of my posts didnt show on there no matter how many times I posted. Now I dont have anything against GPs or GPRs. those guys think that their 1200s are so bad a$$ that all they yack about is how fast they go and how they beat all other skis ( pick your make/model here) I have beaten GP1200s on my STOCK raider. no GPRs but stock 1200 against my stock raider no problem. Now my other raider well thats a different story. With the 44 red tops i should be able to keep up to a GPR or a Ultra no problem. I figure a easy 2 to 3 mph gain from the extra fuel/air with the 44s not to mention the throttle response.
    I have been beaten by a a few sea doos im not ashamed of saying that. they were modded and I wasnt. my stock raider has been radared at a solid 60 mph with NO mods. its a strange ski since i got it in 95 and its stayed at 60 MPH all this time.
    anyway thanx for letting me vent. I wont be posting on the riva web since those guys dont even care about anything besiddes the 1200s.
    Rob

I got sick of being deleted and censored too. You won't see me there anymore either.

Comment

HOW ABOUT ME! I sent e-mail twice to the techs then on the board no replies yet on the board , no I do not own a gpr , would love to but this is my only ski and I would like help, seems like there isnt any bashing here just good ideas and instruction .96-1100 raider,

Comment

Rob, Brian after reading this I started a thread "Riva Pay Attention" check it out. I think they heard us this time. Maybe
        Austin

Comment

Yeah, I read it. I especially liked the thread that they locked after telling the girl to scram...how pretentious. It's not even like Riva is giving any tech support - they are mooching off all their users, and acting like they themselves are providing the support - LOL!

Comment

Austinb i read the post. It had some great points. i did a post today and it was only because the guy had a raider and he needed help. i sent a e mail to the riva guys and i never got a response. i guess us lowly raider owners arent worth anything. thats what a bunch of GP owners said to my buddy and I once at the river. Well when we were done we asked if the little water squirter on the back of our skis really sting their eyes like we heard. they werent too happy. this was back in 97 when they first came ouot. my buddy and i saw them going tohe opposite way TURNED AROUND and CAUGHT UP and PASSED them. they didnt believe us when we told them our skis were stock. I think i had 2 hours on mine and my buddy had 45 or so.
            anyway ill look at the posts, but it really seems like the riva board is very opposed to any other suggestion on parts that are not riva parts. but i dont care i buy what works and I dont care who made it.

Rob

Comment

hey bryan in your post you said some girl got the brush off from the riva guys. I didnt see that post
              Rob

Comment

http://www.rivayamaha.com/cgi-bin/ul...c&f=1&t=001393

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn - SBT Webmaster ]

Comment

Dude thats crap. she was just asking a question. IM not gonna post on the riva board anymore. hell were all in the same sport, how about a little cooperation.
                  I tried to e mail her directly but the jerks blocked off her e mail adress. those guys seem more like communists
                  Forget it im through with Riva. Furthermore Im MEVER gonna purchase ANYTHING that says riva on it.
                  Rob

Comment

Heaven forbid I ask them anything about my POLARIS. I guess they forgot we are all on the same team. For this sport to survive, we need to stick together and cooperate with each other. When did this sport become an elitists program instead of a time for peaceful, fun, social sporting event. Just my 2 cents anyways.

Comment

All i own is Yamahas. I will also never use Rive for anything again. I remember a time when you would see posts about other skis on Riva. I guess they wish to stick with Yamaha only related posts. They will miss out on all the different views of looking at problems and fixes from the experience riders of other brands. :(

Comment

Working...
                      X