97 Seadoo GTX with faulty fule gage reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Seadoo GTX with faulty fule gage reading

My 97 Seadoo GTX reads near empty regardless of the amount of fuel is in the tank. Where should I start looking. Is it typically a circuit board?

JWB

Re: 97 Seadoo GTX with faulty fule gage reading

Possibly the float is going into sink mode. Pull it and do the circuit board test. This will tell you if it is the board hence the whole baffle or just the float.

Comment

Both of my floats have gone bad...does anyone know where to find replacement floats?? Or do I hve to buy a complete fuel baffle??

Comment

Isn't there only one?
        I got mine at Parker Yamaha...

Comment

Try this

http://www.angelfire.com/oh/theboatguy/fuelfloat.html

Comment

buy a fuel float kit at a dealer for 10 bucks.

Comment

I just got 3 of them at:
              https://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.a...D&ProdID=27436

$7.95 ea

Comment

I have a 1997 GTI sea-doo with a faulty gage. Thanks to previous Threads dating back to 2002 I decided to fix it myself. Contacted a dealer and ordered Fuel Baffle Float Kit, P/N 295500438 @ $13.46 which consists of 1 float and set of installation instructions, supposed to take 1 hour. The instructions tell you to move the fuel tank forward which I did not do.
                On the GTI you can remove the glove box and remove the 4 hoses on the baffle and pull the baffle out, carefull pry off the bottom plastic cap and remove the float, which when tested in a container of fuel sank like a rock.
                Install the new float and re-assemble and it worked like a charm. You will have to cut some cable ties, maybe only 1, and be real careful to not drop a SS hose clamp like I did which took longer to retrieve than the float repair did. Finished the job 5-30-2005. Bluejamesman

Comment

Working...
                X