Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I check my cooling system on my 96 Polaris SLT780.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I check my cooling system on my 96 Polaris SLT780.

How do I check my cooling system on my 96 Polaris SLT780. I just installed a new engine from SBT but I have not started it. I want to make sure everything is good and I don't know why the old engine failed. I want to make sure the engine is not over heating. How do I check before starting or running it in the lake?
    :emoticonn

Re: How do I check my cooling system on my 96 Polaris SLT780.

I think that with a new motor, you've got to get it out to the lake. It should be under load. Take it out the lake, fire it up, pay attention to your cylinder temps (keep the seat off and let it idle for a little bit).
    Ride it for a few minutes, check cylinder temps (by hand).

I don't know that particular motor, but there is probably a way to check cooland flow by pulling a hose off the head and temporarily dumping it overboard.. The water should be warm/hot.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I think this is what I'll do, if I don't get any help from SBT. I'm planning on taking the ski out this weekend.

SBT can you tell me what hose I should disconnect to check the hot water? or best way to do it on my SLT780.

Thanks again,

Raul

Comment

Check hlsm.com microfiche i believe it is the line that comes off the water rail on the top of the head .

Comment

It is the line off the cooling rail at the back of the head. The only way to 'check' a cooling system is to remove each hose, blow through them, check each fitting and filter - and while you have it on the hose or in the water, feel each line for pressure, check your bypass out the side/rear, etc.

Polaris microfiche is at www.partsland.com
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X