Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultra 150 problems

hey everyone,

heres the deal, my freind has a ultra 150 and **** thing keeps fouling out plugs. it will run like crap and go no place fast... compression is 120 122 120.
    the carbs havent been touched, i was thinking somthing is leaving the oil injection open... the cable that comes from the throttle to the oil pump is intact. i was thinking about taking the heads off and cleaning them out, i am willing to bet their all full of oil and thats just the dumb simple problem... any suggestions ? thanks cody

Re: ultra 150 problems

Fouling plugs is normaly caused by too much fuel and not enough air. Too much oil will just smoke a lot more.

If it ran good before and it had changed then check the choke plates and make sure they are not stuck closed or half closed. This will limit how much air the engine can get.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

thats not it dank i checked that the other day... it keeps letting out lots of oil from the exhaust... are their check valves in the oil injection near the carbs? what would cause this massive amout of oil and fouling of plugs... the cable for the oil pump works fine ...

Comment

The ultra has oil in the mag cover it may be leaking past the front crank seal. But that would only foul the front plug.

It also has crank bearing oil lines from the oil pump. Look at the manual and make sure you have the correct lines going to the corrrect place. If it has ever been off.

Even if the oil injection was running full open all the time it would run normal for a while and then foul the plugs when you slow down for a long enough to build up oil. You need to get a service manual so you can check the settings of the pump and lines or compare it to another.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X