1996 Seadoo GTS HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Seadoo GTS HELP!!!!

Hello All, New to riding, just bought a 1996 Seadoo GTS, heres the problem, the ski has been sitting for about 5 months, when I brought it out of the garage, started right up, put it in the water, started right up, no problems for about 10 minutes or so.......after about ten minutes it starts to lose power, seems like only running on one plug, but when I pull the plugs out all is fine, these are new plugs and where gapped. I dont know what the deal is, has happened twice now.....Can anyone give me any suggestions or ideas if you have run into this problem

thanks

tim

Re: 1996 Seadoo GTS HELP!!!!

did the guy tell you it was sitting for 5 months or do you know it was sitting for 5 months? if you dont' know i'd rebuild the carbs and check the fuel filters...

Comment

Yes it has been sitting for 5 months, where are the fuel filters, I cleaned the fuel bowl, but I didnt really find a filter..

Comment

they're in the carbs, and yeah, though it's a pain, you do have to take them apart to do it.there's one in each carb and they're pretty small, so it doesn't take much to start plugging them up. depending how often you ride, what condition your fuel lines are in, and how much crud you have in your tank, this can need to be done more frequently than you might think. it's definitely worth learning to do...

Comment

Well I guess my first step is to take apart the carbs and clean the filters....Thanks for your help

Tim

Comment

next would be a compression test

Comment

Working...
            X