Keihin CDKII dual carburator, Kawasaki 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keihin CDKII dual carburator, Kawasaki 750

I was rebuilding the STS 750 Keihin CDKII carburator and noticed that the slow and fast needles on each carburator had different tension on them.

I just burned the piston on this jet ski and noticed the piston was damaged due to detonation and seemed like there was no oil in that cylinder.

The engine is rebuild and I have gone premix.

Now I noticed that the slow needle on one turns 2 turns and the fast 1 turn on one and on the other carb the slow only 1/2 a turn and the fast 1/4 turn.

Is this normal. Could it be that the cause could be attributed to the misadjusted carburator.

Please help.

The carburator was rebuild a few weeks ago and used the jet ski only 4 times before the accident. The dealership did the carburator rebuilding.

Now how do I know how many turns I should put on each screw.

thanks a million in advance.

Re: Keihin CDKII dual carburator, Kawasaki 750

Theres a detail of baseline carb settings for boats here on SBT in the tech section. It's normal for the carbs to differ somewhat in turns out - but I'd think that 2 turns difference is unusual.

If your boat was running right, I'd think it would be hard to starve it of oil using the adjustment screws. Pre-mix is a good answer.

Definitely buy some new plugs and go through the procedure to tune the carbs.

Comment

Working...
    X