Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Motors ???

Bryan,

I am thinking about rebuilding my motor. I have also thought about trying your motors. I have a couple of questions. I hope you could help.

I have a 900zxi with a coffman's pipe,head mod,flame arrestors. Will there still be a warrenty on the motor with these mod's?? Also, would there be a compression problem with the head that i have now?? I run about 155#.

THanks Peter

You are free to bolt on whatever external mods you wish, and our warranty still holds. Bear in mind, that if you do not tune your carbs properly for a pipe, for example, and your engine runs lean, etc. - that is not covered - only parts and workmanship are covered. As far as the head, we do not accept aftermarket heads as part of our core exchange. If you wish to run an aftermarket head, you need to be aware of three things: 1) - our pistons are 1.0mm oversize - make sure your head is machined accordingly for the increased compression and squish band. 2) Your warranty will be voided. 3) you can certainly order an engine from us, remove the stock head we ship you (voiding the warranty) and ship it back with your core for full core credit. We don't mind that all all, and it's a very popular thing to do.

Comment

How much performance is gained by the 1 mm kit over the stock bore?

Comment

Just a tad of bottom-end, if anything at all. We build them to corrected OEM compression.

Comment

Working...
        X