94 Seadoo Sp has No Thrust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Seadoo Sp has No Thrust

Last weekend I accidentally caught a cotton tow rope in the impeller shaft. It wrapped around the shaft and due to it cinching over my foot leaving a nasty burn, I don't remember if it stalled itself or if I shut it down.
    After trailering it, I was able to surgically remove the rope from the shaft, afterward it started and seemed to run smooth.
    Upon putting it back into the water it has normal thrust requiring a firm handhold at idle, however after getting on it will not produce near enough thrust to plane. The engine will rev up but it will not move any faster than idle speed.
    Please help!
    Thank you in advance......
    Rick
    Last edited by debacker; 05-28-2005, 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

Re: 94 Seadoo Sp has No Thrust

you will need to get in there and take a real good look at the wear ring and the driveshaft

Comment

Thanks Frankey01, I was afraid of that.

I read something about a splined shaft which sounds like it may be the problem. This would explain the pre-load thrust which likely slips under a load.
      I could sure use a link to an exploded parts view if anyone has one. I guess I'll go ahead and tear into it and see what I can find.

All tips and helpful hints are welcome!

Thank you.

Comment

I cant remember which engine is in that year sp. I have a spare shaft sitting around for a 580. I would have to say from the sounds of it, you will need it and another impeller which I have a skat track sitting around also. Just let me know!

-Jared

Comment

YOU CAN GO TO WWW.WORLDOFPOWERSPORTS.COM FOR A DIAGHRAM.I WILL BEAT THERE PRICES ON PARTS CONROEPOWERSPORTS@WORLDNET.ATT.NET JUST E-MAIL ME PART NUMBERS FOR QUOTE.

Comment

Take the pump and shaft out. You may just have some rope around the shaft where it goes threw the hull and damaged the seal. It will suck air from the engine area and cause the impeller to cavitate.
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

:emoticons I must offer a huge thank you to all who have offered their expertise in support of my cause. :emoticonb

I'm happy to announce that after after getting into the proper frame of mind to tackle the task at hand, I raised the ski from the trailer and prepared to dig in.

Upon looking into the cavity from below, I discovered the problem. Somehow, a glob of something resembling sea fruit had gotten past the grate and lodged itself at the front of the impeller.

After digging this out, I couldn't get to the lake fast enough. Luckily it's only five miles to the boat ramp. Imagine my relief to discover the problem was solved.

Thank you again to all those who offered their support.

I am very impressed with the website and look forward to reading every post in the future.

Thanks again!:emoticont
              Last edited by debacker; 05-30-2005, 10:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

While I had it in the garage, I also fabricated and installed a rooster tail tube.
                Using 3/8" brass tubing, I drilled a close tolerance hole through the top of the nozzle which the tube fit snugly into. After installation, I filed the tube down smooth and re-painted it to look like a factory item. It also made sense not to have a snag where people climb onto the ski.

The kids loved it until they discovered the spray landed precicely where they timidly rode on the knee board. To avoid the constant drenching, they quickly learned to steer away from the center of the wake. I couldn't have planned it better.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X