Tilt Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Trim

Mine is not working. 94 750 SL. The engine doesn't have to be running for it to work, right? I would think just hooked up to the battery it should work. What can I check to try and figure out the problem?

Thanks

Re: Tilt Trim

Engine has to be running for it to work.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I'm going through the same thing right now. Yes the engine does need to be running for it to work. Mine wasn't working either, so i took the whole trim setup apart. It turned out the little electric motor was seized up. What seems to have happened was the seal on the bottom shaft went bad. That lets water into the whole box and the electric motor rusts up. All the gears were rusty too. I ended up spraying tri-flow into the motor and breaking it loose. After working the motor and blowing out all the crud with compressed air, i hooked it up to power and it started working again. I ran it for a while and it seems to work good now. I took all the gears to the wire wheel and regreased everything. Put it back together and she works great. Now all i need is a new seal for the bottom(3/4o.d.x 3/8i.d.x1/4thick from bearing house) or buy it right from polaris. I think this is probably what happened to yours as well. If you are mechanically inclined, you shouldn't have any problems. If you do, we're here for you. Hope this helps.

Comment

I have the whole trim box for $50 if you end up needing it.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X