carb number one has no fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb number one has no fuel problem

Iam new to this so bear with me i own a polaris sl 750 a 94 it runs great but we noticed it was hard to start and low on power . I found out that carb 1 of 3 is not getting fuel into the carb. There is gas all the way to the line where it goes into the carb but thats as far as it goes so it is only running on 2 cyclinders. it had set for awhile and the diaphram on the end of the carb looks like it has been dry a long time . so do i need to get that one carb rebuilt and is that costly ? or could it be the fuel pump not pushing enough fuel ?. i tried to get the carbs off to inspect them but cant seem to get a wrench that fits and the dont seem stripped. one guy told me is was just the diaphram that was what pulled the fuel through the carb . help PLEASE !

Re: carb number one has no fuel problem

As somone on this board said............Welcome to Polaris !!!Could be any of many problems. Not what you want to hear. But this will get you going....A brief summary.....

1. Buy a Clymer manual-

2. On this board do a "search" of fuel pump, tripple output fuel pump, compression, etc.
    3. See the "Technical Articles Section" for great related info.

Basically this ski originally had a single output fuel pump which fed all 3 cylinders. After ski got old, pump low output starved the front cylinder for fuel causing it to run lean and hot. This caused a hole to be burned throught the piston.

So......1st....Do a compression check.

Check to see if you have spark on all 3 cylinders.

Repair cylinder(s) as needed. SBT Parts, sells all of the parts you need.

Re-build the carbs. SBT has kits.

Replace fuel pump with the SBT add on pump or get a tripple output pump.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: carb number one has no fuel problem

If it still has good compression in all three cylinders then it is wortht the time and money to fix. I would also install a oil pump block off while I had the carbs off.

You will need to get three carb rebuild kits, Intake gasket kit from SBT. You will also need a high flow fuel pump. I use the mikuni pentagon dual outlet with two 1/4" T fittings and a 1/4" fuel nipple cap.or you can get the mikuni round tripple outlet fuel pump and 3 1/4" fuel nipple caps. Get some 1/4" fuel line a some hose clamps to assemble eveything.

Next use a short 12mm wrench to remove the carbs.

Follow the tech articles on carb rebuilding.

Connect a new pulse line to the engine case.

Attach the new fuel lines leave them long so you can cut them to size later when you attach them to the fuel pump. Now install the carbs carbs on the manifold with new gaskets.

The return line from the carbs needs to have a 100 main jet installed as a restrictor to keep even fuel pressure.

Now attach all the lines to the new fuel pump.

Prime the carbs with a tablespoon of premix down the carbs and fire it up to prime the fuel lines. You may have to add fuel down the carbs a few times before the lines are primed. While running make sure the carbs are not dripping fuel down the intake if so the needles and seats are worn and it will cause it not to idle for long.

If you install a block off kit mix the fuel/oil at 40:1
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
      X