No announcement yet.

Ultra 150..Maybe a broken headgasket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 150..Maybe a broken headgasket???

Hi..

I have a Kawasaki ultra 150, 99'. It's very hard to start, but when I finally get it started and ride it, it runs ok. If I stop ridding it for a couple of hours, it's hard to start again. I have then tried to pull out the sparkplugs, 2 and 3 looks fine but the first plug is completly wet of some kind thick "grey" covering. When I then turn the starter ( without the first plug ) somekind of mixed water and fuel comes up of the cylinder. Could this be a leak in the headgasket ? or can it take water in anywhere else..
    I have read on this site that the Ultra 150 need somekinds of special sparkplugs, what types are this ?
    Final questien, does any of you guys know where to buy a cheap manual ? Here in Denmark ( Europe ) it cost around 200 $ :(

Hope anyone can help..

Re: Ultra 150..Maybe a broken headgasket???

It could be a head gasket, or it could be a breach somewhere else like the exhaust or exhaust manifold or their gaskets.

The original plugs for a '99 were NGK R6918C-9. You can call Kawasaki with your Hull ID Number at (949)770-0400 to find out if you have the updated ignition to take the cheaper BR9ES plugs.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok, I will try with a new head gasket..thanks
      Originally posted by Technical Support
      It could be a head gasket, or it could be a breach somewhere else like the exhaust or exhaust manifold or their gaskets.

The original plugs for a '99 were NGK R6918C-9. You can call Kawasaki with your Hull ID Number at (949)770-0400 to find out if you have the updated ignition to take the cheaper BR9ES plugs.

Comment

Ok i had the same promblem until i realized that i stoped using the kawachem oil which is supposed to be for the ultra, and if u dnt use it u might have some of the problems that ur having.Now some might say oil is oil but the ultra uses thoses special spark plugs, and if u dnt have the kawasaki oil, youll foul up the plugs, so it will take longer to start and might bog down at times.

Comment

Working...
        X