Yamaha Waverunner III 650 | '91 & '92 | Running Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Waverunner III 650 | '91 & '92 | Running Problems

First - what a GREAT site; I've read many messages already and have gleaned an insurmountable amount of information that has already greately benefited me.

I rebuilt carbs on both; drained fuel tanks; then changed to pre-mix system on both with block-off kits.

Running, one runs fine and starts easier than before; Second has issues.

Second will bog down on quick throttle up, but only after running for about 30 minutes, then I must slowly ease throttle up and then, all of a sudden, it will take off. It also may all of a sudden die while slight throttle (just above idle) and then be a little hard to start.

Performance Q's: Second would not plane (I'm 290 lbs) until I removed stock carb air box (but then after I hit wave - had power loss and would not plane anymore). Obviously, I had better air flow without this air box on, so . . .

Question: Can I replace this air box with something that will produce better performance?

In addition, as they both sat for a while, should I replace the impeller or check something else to determine if something else needs replaced, etc. that would give me better performance?

Re: Yamaha Waverunner III 650 | '91 & '92 | Running Problems

check copmression first

Comment

Re: Yamaha Waverunner III 650 | '91 & '92 | Running Problems

i work on motors particuallry outboards and marine motor including watercraft i will be down in cape coral on july 4th weekend i can come and try to get them running right for you free of charge minus parts if you would like me to i just got done rebuilding my waverunner engine and and taking a honda dealer coures for outboards now if you would like me to come help you out email me at bag1030@aol.com and let me know or privat message me

Comment

Working...
      X