96 GTX Fuel Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 96 GTX Fuel Issues

Obviously, use a can of carb cleaner and the red tube spout to blow through all openings and orifices so that you can see the fluid come out the other side. Then use an air compressor and blow through all openings and orifices.

Try pressure testing the fuel system once you get it back together and gas in the tank.

Do as Bill suggested and check out the fuel valve.

Good Luck!
    "I'm doing the best that I can according to my current awareness!"

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Roszell
      Obviously, use a can of carb cleaner and the red tube spout to blow through all openings and orifices so that you can see the fluid come out the other side. Then use an air compressor and blow through all openings and orifices.

Try pressure testing the fuel system once you get it back together and gas in the tank.

Do as Bill suggested and check out the fuel valve.

Good Luck!
      Will do - I think first things first is tonight I am going to make sure that Petcock is clear.......

Comment

Try to hook up another fuel supply... maybe a 6 gallon outboard tank. use the prime bulb to start and it should remain running on its own.

Comment

Why not just fix it?
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
            Why not just fix it?
            Yeah I am going to fix it right - I blew out all the fuel lines, petcock, "filter flow nozzle", last night and it still took a ton of sucking to get any fuel into the filter that is in the front of the ski. And I even took the filter out so that it was just the plastic cup. Any more ideas what could be the problem - I would think I could suck gas relatively easily from the intake tube that runs to the Carb?!?!? Should I pull the baffle out and look for any problems? What specifically should I look for?
            I appreciate all the help so far guys.

Comment

Those petcocks are a common problem and fuel should draw relativly easy you can check the filter on the baffle but i would rule out the supply valve first.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey20
                Those petcocks are a common problem and fuel should draw relativly easy you can check the filter on the baffle but i would rule out the supply valve first.
                When I blew air in either one of the inlet tubes it came out of the outlet tube. Do you still think it might be faulty though??

Comment

It should draw easy you can try bypassing it to eliminate it from the equation temporarily to try and isolate the problem there isn't much to the system don't make it more complicated than it is.

Comment

Blow into the return line, gas should flow out of the on line. Don't suck.
                    Bill O'Neal <br>
                    WCM
                    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
                    X