Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needed: Accelerator Pump for Monte Carlo 1000 (Mikuni 38)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed: Accelerator Pump for Monte Carlo 1000 (Mikuni 38)

I broke the small brass fitting off my carb while cleaning it. Its the small brass tube that the fuel line connects to and then leads to the carbs. As it cannot be replaced I need to replace the enitire accelerator pump for the Tigershark Monte Carlo 1000 with the Mikuni 38 mm carb.

Anyone have one new or used. I would prefer used. Any other machines use this carb as perhaps I can source one from another brand of machine.

- Kurt

Re: Needed: Accelerator Pump for Monte Carlo 1000 (Mikuni 38)

I should have a carb with accel pump. will get back to you.

BTW what size is the carb?
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Yes, please let me know. Carb is the Mikuni BN 38 w/Acc Pump. Its on the PTO side of the motor.

Thanks,

Kurt
      redr2 at telus dot net

Comment

Found a good cover for one....$25 shipped..

email me at rkeller4@bellsouth.net

Comment

Nevermind it is clogged up. I will try to clean it or look for another.

Comment

BTW I do have a set of good clean carbs for $250

Comment

The carbs are tempting but my wife would kill me right now. I will take the cover if it can bu used. I assume its just the fuel lines that are clogged which can probably be cleaned with some wire and carb cleaner?

Here are some pictures of what I need. You can see the broken brass tube :(
              Attached Files

Comment

do you also have the centre piece for the linkage. the plastic part broke on mine too

(shouldn't have dropped the carbs :( )
                Attached Files

Comment

I may have one I will get back to you.

I have the cover soaking and well see what it does tonight.

Comment

From looking at the pictures, you might be able to remove the brass piece and replace it with a longer one. Try screwing a wood screw into the brass. Once it has several threads embedded in the soft brass, you might be able to grab onto the screw and extract the brass piece.
                    Another possibility is to use a Dremel tool and grind out the brass part. Once you cut through one side, you should be able to collapse the rest of the tube and extract it.
                    In regards to the linkage, might just order a new one from brownsleisureworld.

Comment

I wouldn't get the linkage from Brown's, they'll probably treat it as a Tigershark part and charge you more. It's a standard Mikuni part and any powersports shop can order it for you. At leat compare prices. Just my $0.02 though! ;)
                      Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

it looks like the brass piece was put in there when the parts were made as though the cast was put in around the brass. They are on a spline not a thread so its not something that just comes out....nevermind puting another in w/o leaks

Comment

any luck Dank with the 2 parts>

Comment

Just got back from FL. will check tonight.

Comment

Dank, soory man but my email is down. I don't know if you tried to reach me or not.

I can be reached here or here: redr2@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X