2000 Polaris Virage TX, reliability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Polaris Virage TX, reliability.

My wife and I have purchased a 2000 Polaris Virage TX 1200. We're picking it up this Saturday. I've done some searching on the forums and it seems I'll need to take it in for a factory TSB to be performed on an electrical connection.

Is there anything else I should do while having the craft in the shop? Like change the oil, new plugs? What else would be a good idea to have replaced on a 76 hour craft for proper maintenance on a 5-year-old machine?

Is the carbed 1200, 136hp, engine reliable? Anything to be on the lookout for?

We are completely new at this. Thanks for your time.

Re: 2000 Polaris Virage TX, reliability.

No, that is not a very reliable ski. It has a lot of electrical issues that are unsolveable, poor construction and poor performance compared to other skis in it's class. Polaris went out of business for a reason, and those are some of the big ones. The block itself is ok, but just about everything else has issues. Sorry.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks, Technical Support. We'll keep an eye out on the electrical things. My wife and I took it out this Saturday and it was great, started right up and rode it for a couple hours. It ran pretty quiet which impressed me compared to the Kawasaki's my in-laws have.

Comment

Be sure to do the block off mod by SBT. There is nothing worse than having t pull that motor out of the hull beside chasing electrons (electrical problems). Good luck!

Charlie

Comment

What is the SBT blockoff mod and why is it important??

Comment

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13962
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X