Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice for a Very Loud 96 Monte Carlo

Hi All,

I just sold a 96 Monte Carlo two weeks ago to a local family and I received a call from the buyer today saying they had it out this last weekend for the first time and said the Monte Carlo was the loudest ski on the lake. He said you could hear it comming and going for a long way it was that loud. I had replaced the 900cc engine with a 1000cc engine after the counter weight broke in the 900, I connected everything as it was with the 900, at least I think I did. I never noticed it having a very loud exhust, but then again I was always on it and the buyer agreed you could not hear it when you were on the ski, but off the ski with someone else driving he said the exhust was extremely loud more than any other ski out that day. Question is, first is it normal for a Monte Carlo 1000 to be that loud? second is there anything that can be done to quite the exhust? It sounds like the muffler may be running with no water in it. Any ideas anyone?

Re: Need Advice for a Very Loud 96 Monte Carlo

Yes normal all big sharks have a growl to them. If there was a problem with the exhaust not getting enough water the hoses would melt.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

My 1000 is loud too. I don't notice it on the machine but my wife says she can here me wherever I am on the lake. Its definitely louder than some of the new machines but its good to show off the growl of the triple :)

Comment

I think they were confused on if they should make it a silent killer like the Shark or roar like a Tiger?
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

A rubber flap over the exhaust outlet will quiet it some. Maybe figure out if you can add some water into the exhaust stream from the stinger coupler back?
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
          X