Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump Question

1997 gtx 787 rotax

Can anyone tell me if I have a problem with the Oil Injectors on my Intake Manifold. I installed the Oil Pump and put new oil lines from the pump to the injectors. After hooking the lines to the Injectors and before hooking them to the pump, I tried to blow air through the Injector to see if they were clear (did not use compressed air just blew in the tube) I was unable to get air to blow out the injector, they felt plugged. Should I be able to get air through or is this normal?

Your imput as always is appreciated!!!!

Re: Oil Pump Question

f you used a pop off tester, then you would be able to get air through the check valve in the oil injection nozzels. Blowing does not work.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

your mouthfull of air is not enough to go by the check valve you need more pressure.

Comment

Ok bill is cranking the motor before i get the carbs on going to show me oil coming out of the injectors??

I just want to make sure they are both putting out before i close it up and run it.

Comment

It will if you crank long enough ( overheating the starter motor, most likely). The way to test it, is with the air pressure pump. I use my pop off tester to check them. It should take approximately 1-1.5 psi to open them.

I first test an oil injector in the vise running it backwards with a reversable drill motor. Then I test the check valves in the manifold with the PO tester. After connecting everything to the motor, I first bleed the oil pump, then I bleed the oil lines to the injector nozzels. Once all of the bubbles have cleared the lines, I look for bluish/white smoke from the exhaust outlet behind the ski with the motor running.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM

Comment

Ok thank you!!

where is the bleeder on the pump?

Comment

The bleeder screw is right between the two small oil line outputs.
              Use the screw to bleed to the pump.

To bleed to the carbs, (intake manifold) I used premixed fuel in the tank, then started the motor and held the oil pump (not the throttle) wide open. Took about 10 seconds.

Comment

It's the shiney 8mm hex head longer than normal nut on the front of the oil injector pump.
                Bill O'Neal <br>
                WCM

Comment

Working...
                X