Seadoo 587 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seadoo 587 Engine

I am going to buy certain things from SBT (gasket kit, break in oil, timing wheel, other odds/ends), it's just that I want to spend as little money as possible - I am 19 and going to college, ya know :). If you owned a 1992 Taurus SHO at the age of 19 you would be poor too - even if you did all your own repairs. My credit card bill reads like a receipt tape for Advance Auto Parts :D.

Comment

Alright, more questions :

1. What size and grade are the head to cylinder bolts AND the magneto cover bolts for the White 587?
      2. Where can I buy shims for the engine alignment - does the tool rental include any?
      3. Are there any guides on how to tune carbs? I know you have to clean them out and adjust the jet screws, I just don't know how someone knows when the mixture is too lean/rich.
      4. Again: best way to clean bottom of engine? I want to get all the gunk out of there but I don't really want to separate the case halves if I can help it.

Thanks again for all your help!

Comment

The only positive complete way is to seperate the cases and clean it out. There are tech articles here to help you on the carbs. I have shims for your motor renting the tool will not include them. If interested in pricing email me at installer_man@yahoo.com. Im not sure about the grade but the head bolts are M6x25 and the mag bolts are M5x25. Hope this helps really you just need to make sure they are stainless steel.

Comment

Alright, I have pretty much everything I need, one more question.

I ordered SBT 1.0 over pistons and have new cylinders for the engine. What are the piston and ring gap clearances I should tell the machine shop when I have the cylinders bored out / pistons installed? This is for a 587 white motor. Thanks in advance.

Comment

There is a setup sheet with the pistons.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
              There is a setup sheet with the pistons.
              Money :emoticonc . Thanks for all your help, SBT rocks my world :emoticont

Comment

Ok, thought I was out of questions....

-Head cover torque specs (think I saw 6 ft/lb somewhere)
                -Will grade 8.8 cylinder to head bolts work? Specifically M8x1.25 50mm length?
                -Should you put RTV around any of the top end gaskets?

Comment

Read answers below,
                  Originally posted by ViPER1313
                  Ok, thought I was out of questions....

-Head cover torque specs (think I saw 6 ft/lb somewhere)

If you have the 587 with the small allen head screws, just snug them tight, don't kill them.

If you have the 8mm bolts, 17 ft/lbs.

-Will grade 8.8 cylinder to head bolts work? Specifically M8x1.25 50mm length?

Yes.
                  -Should you put RTV around any of the top end gaskets?

There are no top end gaskets, other than base and exhaust. The head uses orings with a little grease on them.
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM
                  <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

second that motion!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X