1100 pump problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 pump problems

hi all,i`ve got an 99 1100li tigershark.i had it out yesterday and it ran fine for about an hour, then it had a big loss in power and speed.when i tried to accelerate it was like it was slipping and just could`nt get a good bite.i thought it maybe picked up a stick or something so i just played with the throttle for a min. and then it was fine.about an hour or so later samething only this time worse,lost power and engine reved up.it sounded like i had it running on the trailer,you know the clinging noise the impeller makes when out of the water.also it done this breifly last sunday when i had it out.is this trash getting in my pump causing this or is it matbe my driveshaft seal leaking.any help would be appreciated,thanks

Re: 1100 pump problems

have you pulled the pump on it yet? If not, take a peek inside to see if there's anything obvious. You'll still prolly want to pull the pump and check things out.
    Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

no, i have`nt pulled it yet,but something else i wanted to about the way its doing is that when its acting up,its like the ski does`nt want to go,it will,but it`s rough as hell and not fast,then its like it has been shifted into gear hard and its smooth again and will take off with no problems.BTW nothing obvious problems with the pump except for nicks on my impeller. any ideas? because i`m stumped on this one

Comment

well, by your description I sounds like the problem lies with the pump. You say that the engine revs but seems like it's not getting a good bite. This would really prompt me to pull the pump and look at things, especially the splines on the impeller and shaft. It's easy to do first of all and it may shed more light on the matter. Or if you don't want to do that, you can CAREFULLY stick your hand in the intake grate and see if the impeller moves in an abnormal way. But be carefull. Checking on this will at least eliminate pump problems.

However on the other hand you say it runs rough? Do you mean the engine is running rough? Hmmm, the plot thickens.

Comment

thanks for the reply lownrangr.i`ll try that before pulling pump and report back

Comment

well,pulled the pump today and nothing obvious, just the usual nicks on my impeller. is it possible that it was just trash getting in my pump?

Comment

well, if you say the pump looked fine (I assume the bearings and all that looked ok), then your problems might lie with the motor.

If it was trash getting in the pump, then you would either find it in there or it wouldn't be doing it all the time.

Comment

Working...
              X