1997 stx 1100 carb rebuild question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 stx 1100 carb rebuild question

Im trying to find out what kits I need to rebuild the carbs on a 1997 stx 1100. I am also planning on buying a pop off gauge, and would like to know where to get one. I did a search and found two links for places that sell them, but could not find any info on those sites stating that they sell them.
    Are the carbs used on this ski the CDK II carbs?
    This is my buddies STX, and he just dropped it off and said it wouldnt start and that he just wanted me to rebuild the carbs and go through everything else. From the prices Ive seen for the CDK II, he may change his tune.
    Hes never had a problem with it untill this year. He just pulled it out of storage, and tried to fire it up.
    One thing I noticed when he dropped it off was the extreme gas tank pressure. The fuel filter was also only about 1/4 full of fuel. I checked the res/off/on valve, and its working.
    I really highly doubt he did any sort of winterizing to this.
    Im not getting anything out of the carbs except oil.
    Anyway, he knows Im not going to spend alot of time trying to troubleshoot every little thing, and thats why he said to just do it all.

Any info on what all is needed to rebuild these carbs would be great. Im going to check out the tank pressure problem, and the filter to narrow it down to a carb problem.

Re: 1997 stx 1100 carb rebuild question

The stock '97 1100 carbs should be CDKII's. Normally, my fuel filter only has a little gas in it while running. To make sure you have gas into the carbs you can remove the return line, on the middle carb, and blow into the line with your mouth or compressed air. With the gas tank 'on', you should get gas coming out of the return fitting on the middle carb.

Comment

Working...
    X