1998 & 2002 GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 & 2002 GTX

Hi I'm new at this internet forum stuff so bare with me. I own two GTX RFI SeaDoo's 1 - 1998 the other is a 2002. I'm having problems with both machines. I will start with the 2002 RFI. I'm experiencing LOW 12 VOLTS flashing on the instrument panel. It started last year I ignored it thinking it needed a battery it was the origianal, It has 70 hrs on it. As I found out this year it wasn't the battery I installed a new one, it seems to be a intermittint problem if I remove the tether cord and reinstall it works sometime and sometime only for a few minutes then the lights and 12 volts low comes back on. I have not checked with a volt meter yet, I have read about fuses? magnetos? regulator? I'm a licenced deisle tech but have no exp. on seadoo charging systems or compont locator regulator or fuses? can you help?

The other seadoo GTX RFI limited is a 1998 it has 250 hrs, a lot from what I understand. It ran fine until this season. I should have left it alone!! It was slower than the 2002 so over the winter I replaced the ware ring and cleaned the burs off the prop, clean the rav valves new plugs regular maintance, now on an aggresive take off it seems as if the clutch is slipping it rev's to 7000rpm and than takes off. So I thought it was the prop, filed to much off so I replaced the prop and inspected the new ware ring o rings ect. $500 later still the same thing. I was riding the machine and it seemed to fix itself it only reved 6000 rpm and took off ok. It only lasted a few times then went back to reving 7000 rpm and slipping the other machine takes off ok. Now I'm not sure if it's the fuel system, or the popelltion system. I read about a rev limiter? Not sure what this machine should rev on the take off, any suggestions.

Re: 1998 & 2002 GTX

thanks for the info i fixed both machines my self

Comment

Re: 1998 & 2002 GTX

How dis you fix the slipping? Mine is doing the same thing..

Comment

Working...
      X