00 GTX RFI throttle questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00 GTX RFI throttle questions

Just installed an SBT 787 in the ski and I'm ready for break-in. 2 questions:

- If I did not remove the TPS from the throttle body, do I still need to re-calibrate the MPEM?

- I ran the ski for a few minutes on the hose to make sure it would run once I got it to the lake and it started fine. I had to feather the throttle a bit to keep it running and it would not idle on it's own. Is this normal for a fresh engine or will the idle speed ajustment cure this after I adjust it on the water? Thanks

Re: 00 GTX RFI throttle questions

No you don't need to readjust just from the swap. If you are having running problems you need to see a dealer - there is nothing you can adjust yourself. What caused the original failure and what repairs were made to correct the cause?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The engine was de-winterized by a local marina but they failed to re-connect one of the water lines (they claimed no responsiblity but would be happy to rebuild it for $3200). At the time my parents had the ski and had some company over. Long story short, the ski was overheated. It still ran fairly well but performance continued to drop over the season. At the end of the season Pops ordered an SBT engine and said "here fix this. "

Comment

Well, maybe something got moved during the swap - but you'll need the dealer to check the systems and set the idle speed.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X