'96 Tigershark Monte Carlo 640?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 Tigershark Monte Carlo 640?

I have 4 questions: If the ID tag on the engine(suzuki) reads "PJ640A" I should assume it's a 640 engine, correct? If that's true then why do so many web sites not list a starter drive idler gear asm. for this model and engine? Is there such a thing as a "good" used idler for a reasonable price? And finally, I have removed and disassembled both the starter and the idler gear from the ski. Everything in the starter looks as good as new...brushes, armature, holders, bushings, etc., and no shorts across any of the armature windings or back plate brush holder. If a put 12 volts to it ..spins like crazy. The idler gear looks great also except the main center shaft has some blue coloring as if it had gotten very hot at some point. But everything was clean and NO metal shavings of any kind, anywhere, including the bushings in the front housing and cover. The battery is also brand new and tests perfect and all the electrical connections were clean and tight and check good. So how come the starter used to sometimes spin with NO gear engagement and now it seems to kick in and out as if the gear is bouncing in and out of the flywheel teeth but that looks fine as do the 2 sets of teeth on the idler asm. and the teeth on the starter shaft?? Sorry for the long winded story.

Re: '96 Tigershark Monte Carlo 640?

I have no idea why other sites don't offer something...we have it, it's the same as most other skis's bendix asms: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=39

Most likely the clutch in the benix is worn.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X