Drive shaft machining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive shaft machining

I have a '95 XP800. Since I have it apart for a rebuild I found the drive shaft could use a little attention.

Corrosion has pitted the surface of the shaft where exposed outside of the hull and, although the seals are not leaking, it could use resurfacing at the thru hull seals.

My questions:
    Is there a min. dia. for the shaft at the thru hull seals, and, if I were to have the shaft "cleaned up", is there a min. dia. for the shaft?

Re: Drive shaft machining

Any pits on seal surfaces won't work. We have new shafts if you need one: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...egory_Code=74D
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Do this, shine up the seal surface on the driveshaft with emory cloth, then cut about 1/4-3/8ths off of the rubber hose holding the seal carrier bearings and seals. This moves the seal on the shaft to a new seal surface.

A 1995XP 800 has a 21 inch driveshaft, kinda hard to find these days.... ( 3 inch extension). Sea Doo quit making them awhile back.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Easy to find now, we have them specifically, in the store on that page I linked.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Sweet! Now I know where to find it, along with other replacement parts.
          "I'm doing the best that I can according to my current awareness!"

Comment

Working...
          X